“Does it seem to you that it is possible to speak of art? …It would be the same as trying to explain love.” – Eleonora Duse, 1858-1924
Browse our collection of links and titles.
(Not in any particular order.)
Personal Growth Links
- -Watch Matthew Weiner, creator of MADMEN, speak about the last episode, the series, the actors and the writers.
- -Check out Sean Penn’s recent Huff Post interview where he talks about acting, Hollywood and the internet.
- -Where to begin to introduce you to the incredible Dr. Mario Martinez?! This youtube is a good place to start. His understanding of the mind-body connection and human pathos is a perfect model to help us understand why great dramatic art is so transformative. Enjoy!
- –Through her TEDtalk on Shame, Dr. Brené Browninadvertently gets to the heart of great acting.
- -From James Grissom’s blog, Follies of God , thoughts on acting from Elia Kazan: “Everyone asks about acting. It’s not a stupid question. Everyone wants to know what makes a good actor; what makes a good director. No one asks these questions more often–and for longer periods of time–than actors or directors..
Shelley Mitchell and Juliette Binoche
”Acting is about descending into yourself.”
Juliette Binoche, Oscar winner for The English Patient